Sunday, October 13, 2013

Learning in Two Dimensions

My first 2D game is near completion.  The significance of this may seem small, but I know that I possess the mental capacity to translate what I learn into practical use so what it REALLY means is that I'm a couple of exercises away from being capable of creating 2D games of almost any level of complexity.  I also have access to applications to start in 3D, but I greatly prefer working creatively, which means right now my most foreseeable dead-end is trying to create 3D art.  Without that, I have no 3D objects to incorporate into games.  If I was to meet somebody who could provide me with original works, however, a partnership would definitely be in order.  My capacity to turn ideas into algorithms is such that I feel, with only a bit more focused practice, I could use what I have at my disposal to begin creation of an actual original game.

No comments:

Post a Comment